Superfood Breakfast Bowl
When it comes to breakfast, I'm very health conscious. I never skip breakfast, and on weekdays, I’m a creature of habit. I either have my favourite Superfood Spinach smoothie, or more recently, what I like to call a Superfood Breakfast Bowl. My coworker gave me a burcha recipe that I've adapted into this recipe, which is basically a chia pudding on steroids, with every bulk item you can think of. It's super filling, satisfying, vegan, gluten free, and so easy to make!
Here’s what you need for 5 servings throughout the week:
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (roughly 2/3 cups per serving)
- 2-3 fresh mangoes
- Dehydrated raspberries
- Lavender buds (optional)
- Coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- For the dry ingredients, mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Separate your mixture into 5 mason jars (about 3/4 cups cup per jar).
- For the few that you’re eating in the next few days, pour 2/3 cups of almond milk into each. Give the mixture a stir, seal the jars and let them sit in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, give the mixture a stir, pour it into a bowl, and add a little more almond milk to break up the dense consistency. If you’d like to add extra nutrients like maca powder, turmeric, or protein powder etc. to your bowl, this is the time to do it!
- Top your mixture with diced fresh mango, dehydrated raspberries (or fruit of your choice), lavender buds (for a nice floral kick) and cinnamon. Feel free to drizzle your bowl with coconut sugar if you want it a little sweeter; I find that the mango is just right for me!
And that really is it - easy peasy healthy breakfast that will help with bloat, and keep you full and energized until lunch time!